Sunday, July 27, 2014

keeping things simple


I had a wonderful birthday this year. I went out to lunch with my friend Deb and talked over Thai food. Spent the afternoon preparing for my trip to Pennsylvania and got a pizza with Philip in the evening. We had some beers and tried to go to the movies to see Boyhood but the theater was full, maybe next week. That movie trailer looks amazing.

Recently I've had a desire to simplify my life in every way. I spent a few weeks in July going through our apartment and donating items to lessen the clutter and it felt so good. I wrote some birthday goals for myself on the plane ride to Pennsylvania and they are pretty simple as well.

buy less stuff
be nice to myself
be calm
have more fun every day
be patient with others

They all sound so easy but I know it will be challenging. I'm working on breaking them down into activities to help me follow through and make progress on living my life with these goals in mind. I love the idea of spending less time buying stuff and more time doing things I love to do. I'd love to meet more people in Austin too. Why is so difficult to make friends when you're in your thirties?

+ strong coffee
+ family time
+ good pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment