Thursday, September 5, 2013

DIY Jar Crafts





I made this memory jar at the beginning of the year as a way to keep track of our 2013 memories. When New Year's Eve rolls around, I'm always trying to remember the year that has passed and coming up blank. I made these before I started my Project Life album so I thought it would be a simple way to keep track of the year without having to keep an elaborate journal or a scrapbook. Even now that I started Project Life, I still love the idea of writing down simple everyday memories for this jar. At the end of the year, we plan to read through our jar of memories together and remember all that has happened in 2013. I usually just write down the date and the what happened that I want to remember. I think writing down the simplest memories is great because that is the stuff you tend to forget.
 










  I keep some paper in the jar so I can easily grab it and add some memories to the jar whenever. 





Another idea is to make a Fun Stuff jar. Philip and I spend way too many nights doing the same thing over and over and over again. I thought it would be interesting to make a jar full of new ideas of things to do. Normally our conversations go like this:

Me: We should do something fun tonight
Philip: Like what?
Me: I don't know....something
Philip: hmmmm watch TV?
Me: Ok.......



For the Fun Stuff jar I used two different papers, the green dot paper is fun stuff that requires leaving the house such as going to a museum together. The colorful paper is fun stuff we can do at home like ordering take out or playing a game. We sure know how to get crazy around here. :)

Fun Stuff Jar Ideas:
  • Listen to your favorite songs in 7th grade, 11th grade and sophomore year of college. 
  • Take a family photo (ours is always with our pets)
  • Go shopping together and buy each other $5 limit gifts
  • Plan a secret day trip (take turns)
  • Draw a picture of each other

I've really liked using both so far this year. The fun stuff jar has definitely come in handy to motivate us to be more adventurous.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ps. I passed my NBCOT exam. I got the results this afternoon. I had been waiting for 2 weeks but I have to say getting through this morning was the hardest! I must have checked to see if the results were online a thousand times! Finally I decided to go run some errands and get out of the house. I was on my way to get gas when Rachel texted me that the results were up! I had the shakiest hands trying to type in my password on the tiny phone screen. I have never been so relieved to be done with a test! That is definitely going in the memory jar.

+ party tonight
+ iced coffee in the afternoon
+ library books

No comments:

Post a Comment