Wednesday, July 9, 2014

slow life | spending time outside


In the past few months, I've been thinking a lot about how much I enjoy it when my life slows down. I like to have time to sit outside and read on our balcony or just spend time fiddling around with my plants for a hour. I sometimes day dream about moving out of the city and living on a small farm. I would love to have a llama farm or a lavender farm. My fantasy probably isn't even close to what real farm life would be like but I imagine it would be still be pretty great even if I had to wake up at 4am.

Since I can't pack up and leave for the farm life right now, I've been trying to make small changes instead. I try and make time every day to just sit outside and read. I try to be less concerned with everything on my to do list and just slow down my day. Take the time to go for a long walk with Annie dog and enjoy how quiet and wonderful it is to have the house to myself to work on sewing projects.

I'm meeting my friend Deb this afternoon and we're going to spend the afternoon at Barton Springs. I haven't been swimming all summer and today is supposed to be hot so I'm excited. I'm off to pack some books and snacks for the day.

+ Jeopardy
+ sunny mornings
+ summer adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment